Article 16. Procedures for inviting or guaranteeing foreigners to enter Vietnam at the immigration management agency
- Foreigners other than those mentioned in Clauses 1, 2, 3 and 4, Article 8 of this Law shall, via inviting or guaranteeing agencies, organizations and individuals, carry out procedures at the immigration management agency. The inviting or guaranteeing agencies and organizations shall directly submit visa applications to the immigration management agency.
- Before carrying out procedures for inviting or guaranteeing a foreigner to enter Vietnam, a social organization, an enterprise or another organization having the legal person status as prescribed by Vietnamese law, a foreign trader’s branch or the representative office of a foreign economic, cultural or professional organization in Vietnam shall send to the immigration management agency a written notice, together with a dossier comprising:
a/ A certified copy of the organization’s establishment license or decision issued by a competent agency;
b/ A document introducing the seal and signature of the organization’s competent person.
The notice shall only be sent only once. If the contents of the dossier are changed, the agency or organization shall submit an additional notice.
- Within 5 working days after receiving the visa application, the immigration management agency shall consider and process the dossier and send a reply to the inviting or guaranteeing agency, organization or individual and notify such to the overseas Vietnamese agency competent to grant visas.
- After receiving the written reply from the immigration management agency, the inviting or guaranteeing agency, organization or individual shall notify such to the foreigner for the latter to carry out procedures for receiving the visa at the overseas Vietnamese agency competent to grant visas.
- In case of applying for visa at a border gate, the immigration management agency shall consider and process the dossier within 3 working days after receiving a complete dossier, for the cases prescribed at Points a, b, c, and d, Clause 1, Article 18 of this Law; and within 12 working hours after receiving a complete dossier, for the cases prescribed at Points dd and e, Clause 1, Article 18 of this Law.
- Agencies, organizations and individuals that apply for visas for foreigners at overseas Vietnamese agencies competent to grant visas shall pay to the immigration management agency a charge for notification of the grant of visas.