Article 2. Interpretation of terms
In this Law, the terms below are construed as follows:
- Exit means a Vietnamese citizen’s departure from Vietnam’s territory through a Vietnamese border gate.
- Entry means a Vietnamese citizen’s entry from abroad into Vietnam’s territory through a Vietnamese border gate.
- Passport means a paper under the state ownership issued by a Vietnamese competent agency to a Vietnamese citizen for use for his/her exit or entry and for proving his/her citizenship and personal identity.
- E-passport means a passport with an embedded electronic chip that contains encrypted information of its holder and digital signature of its issuer.
- International travel document means a document issued by a Vietnamese competent agency to a Vietnamese citizen for traveling across the border under a treaty between Vietnam and its bordering country.
- Immigration control means inspection, supervision and verification of persons and their immigration papers in accordance this Law.
- Exit postponement means suspension of exit from Vietnam of a Vietnamese citizen for a specified period of time.
- National database on exit and entry of Vietnamese citizens means a collection of information on Vietnamese citizens concerning their exit and entry activities which is digitalized, stored, managed and used via information infrastructure.