Article 9. Persons eligible for official passports
- Cadres and civil servants specified by the law on cadres and civil servants.
- Public employees of public non-business units, including:
a/ Heads and deputy heads of public non-business units; heads and deputy heads of organizations of public non-business units under the Politburo, Party Central Committee’s Secretariat, National Assembly Standing Committee and Government;
b/ Heads and deputy heads of public non-business units; heads and deputy heads of organizations of public non-business units under commissions and equivalent agencies of the Party Central Committee, President Office, National Assembly Office, State Audit Office of Vietnam, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies, and other agencies established by the Government or Prime Minister; the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee and central agencies of socio-political organizations;
c/ Heads and deputy heads of public non-business units; heads and deputy heads of organizations of public non-business units under general departments or directorates, departments and the equivalent under ministries and ministerial-level agencies; provincial and municipal Party Committees; provincial-level People’s Committees; provincial-level Vietnam Fatherland Front Committees and socio-political organizations;
d/ Heads of public non-business units of Party Committees of rural districts and urban districts, towns or cities under provincial or municipal Party Committees; specialized agencies of provincial-level and district-level People’s Committees;
dd/ Holders of working positions associated with state management tasks in public non-business units assigned to perform state management tasks.
- Officers and professional military personnel in the People’s Army and People’s Public Security forces; persons engaged in cipher work in cipher organizations.
- Stuffs of overseas Vietnamese representative missions; overseas correspondents of Vietnamese press and news agencies.
- Spouses and under-18 children of the persons specified in Clause 4 of this Article who accompany or pay visits to the latter during their term of office.
- When necessary, based on requirements and characteristics of working trips, the Minister of Foreign Affairs shall, under the direction of the Prime Minister, issue official passports, or, at the proposal of the competent agencies and persons specified in Article 11 of this Law, consider the issuance of official passports to persons not specified in this Article.