What is LV2 Visa?
According to the regulations on visa symbols in Article 8, Section 6 of Law No. 47/2014/QH13, LV2 Visa (also known as LV2 work visa) is a type of visa issued to foreigners working with political-social organizations and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Duration of LV2 Visa for Foreigners:
Similar to LV1 Visa, LV2 Visa is issued to foreigners with a validity period not exceeding 12 months. After the visa expires, foreigners can proceed to extend their LV2 Visa. LV2 Visa also falls under the category eligible for a temporary residence card with a symbol similar to the visa symbol, with a maximum duration of 5 years. Therefore, if a foreign national intends to stay in Vietnam for more than a year, they can apply for a temporary residence card.
Procedures and Documents for Obtaining and Extending LV2 Work Visa:
Procedure for Applying for a New LV2 Visa in Vietnam:
- Original passport or internationally recognized travel document with a validity period as per regulations.
- 02 recent passport-sized photos (4×6 cm).
- Letter of request for entry permission for foreigners (Form NA2).
- Entry permit request form for Vietnam (Form NA1).
- Documents verifying employment with political-social organizations and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (invitation letter, guarantee letter, etc.).
- Visa issuance fee for LV2 symbol.
- And other relevant documents as per the requirements of the Immigration Department.
Once all necessary documents are prepared according to the specified requirements, the sponsoring organization submits them directly to the Immigration Department. The maximum processing time for LV2 Visa issuance is approximately 5 days from the date the immigration officer receives the complete documents.
Procedure for Extending LV2 Visa in Vietnam:
In case a foreign national wants to extend their LV2 Visa, they need to prepare the following documents:
- Original passport with a validity period as per regulations.
- Request letter for extending the Vietnam visa (Form NA5).
- Legal documents proving employment with political-social organizations and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Temporary residence confirmation issued by local police.
- And other related documents as per the regulations of the competent authority.
The documents for extending the Vietnam visa are submitted directly to the Immigration Department. The processing time for visa extensions is approximately 5 to 7-10 days but does not exceed 7-10 days.
Note: The mentioned documents are fundamental requirements for applying for an LV2 work visa. Depending on specific cases, the Immigration Department may request additional documents to prove the purpose of entry.
Cost of LV2 Work Visa:
The visa issuance fee for LV2 visas depends on the visa duration and the number of entries:
- Single-entry visa: $25 USD.
- Multiple-entry visa valid for up to 3 months: $50 USD.
- Multiple-entry visa valid for up to 6 months: $95 USD.
- Multiple-entry visa valid for up to 12 months: $135 USD.
Please note that these fees are government-regulated and applicable to all foreign citizens applying for a Vietnam visa. In addition to the mentioned fees, foreign nationals may incur additional charges such as translation and notarization fees, and service fees for entry permit documents.