Guidelines for Applying for NG2 Visa for Foreigners
What is an NG2 Visa in Vietnam? Eligible Applicants for NG2 Visa
NG2 Visa is a diplomatic visa issued by Vietnam, specifically for foreign citizens who are members of state-invited delegations. The specific categories and conditions for obtaining NG2 Visa are as follows:
Eligible Applicants for NG2 Visa in Vietnam:
- Members of the invited delegations of the Standing Committee of the Central Party Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, Vice President, Vice Chairman of the National Assembly, Vice Prime Minister, Chairman of the Central Committee of the Fatherland Front of Vietnam, Chief Justice of the Supreme People’s Court, Chief Prosecutor of the Supreme People’s Procuracy, State Auditor General;
- Members of the equivalent level invited delegations of Ministers and equivalent, Provincial Party Secretary, City Party Secretary, Chairman of the Provincial People’s Council, Chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee of central-affiliated cities.
Conditions for Obtaining NG2 Visa:
- Possession of a valid passport or internationally recognized travel document.
- Invitation letter/Guarantee from the authorized organization or institution in Vietnam.
- Not falling under the categories prohibited from entry as prescribed.
Foreigners falling under the above categories, when meeting all the criteria, will be considered for NG2 Visa with a validity period of up to 12 months.
Note: NG2 Visa does not fall under the category of temporary residence card issuance. Therefore, to stay longer in Vietnam, foreigners need to follow the procedures for obtaining a new/renewed visa according to regulations.
Below are the guidelines for applying for a new or extended NG2 Visa:
Procedures for Applying for a New NG2 Visa for Foreigners
Foreigners falling under the category eligible for NG2 Visa must go through the inviting or guaranteeing organization to submit a visa application request to the competent authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Different from other types of visas such as DL, DH, LV1, LV2, TT, etc., which are submitted to the immigration control authorities).
The inviting or guaranteeing organization must submit a written request to the competent authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to instruct the competent authority for Vietnam’s visa issuance at the overseas Vietnamese visa-issuing authority, if a visa is required. Simultaneously, the organization must notify the immigration control authority.
The inviting or guaranteeing organization needs to prepare the following documents:
- Copy of the foreigner’s passport.
- Visa application form for foreigners – Form NA2.
- Type of visa and duration of stay.
- Legal documents of the inviting or guaranteeing organization.
- Documents proving that the invitee is a member of the invited delegation of the Standing Committee, Vice President, Vice Chairman of the National Assembly, Vice Prime Minister, Chairman of the Fatherland Front, Chief Justice, Chief Prosecutor, State Auditor General; members of the equivalent level invited delegations of Ministers, Provincial Party Secretary, City Party Secretary, Chairman of the Provincial People’s Council, Chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee.
- And other required documents if specified.
Upon receiving the response from the competent authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the inviting or guaranteeing organization will inform the foreigner to proceed with the visa issuance at the competent authority for Vietnam’s visa issuance at the overseas Vietnamese visa-issuing authority.
The foreigner needs to prepare:
- Original passport with remaining validity.
- 02 recent passport-sized photos taken within 6 months.
- Visa application form for Vietnam – Form NA1.
- Copy of the Entry Permit for diplomatic purposes.
- Some additional documents as required based on specific cases.
Processing Time for NG2 Visa: From the date of receiving all required documents as per the request, the competent authority for Vietnam’s visa issuance at overseas Vietnamese visa-issuing authorities will process the visa within approximately one working day. In some special cases, the processing time for NG2 Visa may extend beyond the initial estimate.