NN1 Visa, Visa for Foreign Representative Office Heads
The regulations of the Vietnamese Immigration Law regarding the application process for NN1 visas for foreigners are outlined below. Please follow this information closely to ensure the swift, complete, accurate preparation of your documents, ensuring the fastest possible results.
NN1 Visa – Visa Type for Foreign Representative Office Heads
What is NN1 Visa? NN1 Visa is a type of Vietnamese visa (with NN1 as its specific code) issued to individuals serving as the head of representative offices or projects of international organizations, non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
Requirements for Foreign Representative Office Heads Applying for NN1 Visa
According to Article 10 of the 2014 Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam, the conditions for requesting an NN1 visa are as follows:
- Possess a valid passport or international travel document.
- Have an inviting and guaranteeing organization, individual, or entity in Vietnam (specifically for NN1 visa, the inviting entity is the representative office performing the invitation and guarantee procedures).
- Not fall under the categories of individuals denied entry as regulated.
Validity Period of NN1 Visa
For NN1 Visas, the granted visa duration is up to 12 months. Foreigners holding NN1 visas can proceed to apply for a temporary residence card with a similar code, valid for up to 3 years. This allows foreigners to work in Vietnam for an extended period and facilitates entry/exit procedures in Vietnam.
Procedures for NN1 Visa Application for Foreign Representative Office Heads
Step 1: The foreigner goes through the inviting and guaranteeing organization, individual, or entity.
The foreigner must proceed through the inviting and guaranteeing organization, individual, or entity to carry out the procedures at the immigration management agency. The inviting and guaranteeing organization, individual, or entity directly submits the visa request at the immigration management agency (following Clause 1, Article 16 of the 2014 Law and Article 3 of Circular 31/2015/TT-BCA).
Step 2: The foreign representative office in Vietnam applies for the Entry Guarantee Letter.
The application for the Entry Guarantee Letter includes the following documents:
- Business license or decision from the competent authority on the establishment of the organization (copy).
- Introduction letter with the seal and signature of the authorized person of the organization – Form NA16 (issued along with Circular 04/2015/TT-BCA).
- Application form for entry guarantee for foreigners – Form NA2.
- Valid passport.
- Documents proving the investment activities in Vietnam as per the law on investment (under Clause 4, Article 10 of the 2014 Law).
The entry guarantee letter will be reviewed and issued by the immigration management agency within 5 working days from the date of receiving the complete documents, as regulated.
Step 3: The foreigner prepares documents for visa sticker application.
Similar to other visa types, after receiving approval for the foreigner to carry out entry procedures in Vietnam, the representative office informs the foreigner to prepare relevant documents for Vietnam NN1 visa application.
Required documents for NN1 visa application include:
- Valid passport.
- Visa application form with attached photo – Form NA1.
- Copy of the entry guarantee letter.
- And other documents (if required).
Step 4: Visa Sticker Application for NN1 Visa
In case the foreigner wishes to apply for the NN1 visa sticker at an international border gate, the immigration management agency will review and approve the NN1 visa within 5 working days from the date of receiving complete documents/papers.
The visa fees for NN1 visas depend on the validity period and the number of entries requested by the applicant (single or multiple entries) and are as follows, according to Circular 25/2021/TT-BTC:
Single-entry, 1 month
Single-entry, 3 months
Multiple-entry, up to 3 months
Multiple-entry, over 3 months up to 6 months
Multiple-entry, over 6 months up to 12 months
Please ensure all documents are complete and accurate to avoid delays in the visa application process.