What is VR Visa? Visa Application Procedure for VR Visa
VR Visa is one of the common types of visas chosen by many foreigners when they want to enter Vietnam. So what is VR Visa? What is the procedure for applying for VR Visa? Let’s find out all about it in the article below!
WHAT IS VR VISA? What is VR Visa? Information about the procedures and validity of VR Visa is stipulated in the legal document No. 47/2014/QH13 regarding entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam. Specifically, according to this law, VR Visa is a type of visa issued to individuals who want to visit relatives (grandparents, parents, spouses, children, etc.) in Vietnam or for other personal purposes other than tourism.
The maximum validity period of the Vietnam VR Visa is 6 months. VR Visa can be single-entry or multiple-entry and can only be extended for a maximum of 1 month before the expiration date of the visa. Additionally, it is important to note that foreigners are not allowed to change their purpose once they have entered Vietnam. If there is a change in the purpose of entry and it is discovered by the government, the applicant will be immediately deported from Vietnam.
VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR VR VISA To initiate the VR Visa application process to enter Vietnam, foreigners first need to obtain an entry approval letter issued by the Immigration Department.
To obtain this approval letter, the applicant and the sponsor in Vietnam need to prepare a dossier with documents such as:
- Original passport of the foreigner with a validity of at least 6 months.
- Visa application letter for entry into Vietnam for foreigners (using form NA3 – the sponsor is an individual). This form needs to be stamped and confirmed by the local police where the sponsor resides.
- Various documents proving the family relationship between the foreigner and the sponsor, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, family relationship certificates, household registration books, etc.
- Portrait photos of the foreigner, size 4×6 cm, white background, looking straight at the camera, hair neatly combed, face clearly visible, no glasses, no hats.
- Evidence of the trip: round-trip flight tickets, travel itinerary, address of residence during the stay in Vietnam, etc.
The waiting period for the approval from the Vietnamese Immigration Department is usually around 5 – 7 working days. However, if the documents are incomplete and require additional information, the waiting time might be longer.