Do Malaysians Require a Visa for Vietnam?
No, Malaysians can stay in Vietnam for up to 30 consecutive days without the need for a visa. As per the announcement by the Vietnamese government, individuals holding Malaysian passports are exempt from obtaining a visa for stays of 30 days or less in Vietnam.
Visa Requirements for Malaysians:
Type of Visa
Up to 30 days
Over 30 days
For longer stays, Malaysians can choose either to leave Vietnam for a neighboring country and return with another 30-day visa exemption or apply for a 90-day eVisa. Applying for a Vietnam visa online is now a straightforward process for Malaysian passport holders, and this article will guide you through the details.
Methods of Applying for a Vietnam Visa for Malaysian Passport Holders:
Currently, the sole method available for Malaysian citizens to obtain a visa for Vietnam is by applying for a Vietnam eVisa.
Types of Vietnam eVisa Available for Malaysians:
The available Vietnam eVisa types for Malaysian passport holders may vary based on various criteria:
Regarding visa validity and number of entries:
- 90 days single entry visa
- 90 days multiple entry visa
Regarding the purpose of visit:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
Note: It is advisable not to apply for a 30-day visa for Vietnam as 45 days of visa-free stay are granted.
Duration of Stay for Malaysian Citizens:
Malaysian citizens can stay in Vietnam for up to 90 days, depending on the visa validity. However, it’s crucial to note that entry into Vietnam cannot occur before the granted arrival date, and departure must happen by the exit date specified on the visa, unless an extension is successfully obtained. Overstaying may result in fines and penalties.
Validity Period of Vietnam eVisa:
A Vietnam eVisa is valid for a maximum of 90 days. The exact validity period is stated on the visa letter, covering the granted entry and exit dates. It is essential to adhere to these dates to avoid any overstay issues.
Requirements for Malaysian Citizens Applying for Vietnam eVisa:
To complete the online Vietnam eVisa application, whether directly with the Government of Vietnam or through a travel agent, Malaysian citizens need:
- Scanned copy of the full passport personal page (valid for at least 6 months from the entry date, with at least 2 blank pages)
- Portrait photo (soft copy) meeting Vietnam eVisa photo requirements
- A card/PayPal account for international payment
Cost and Processing Time for Vietnam eVisa for Malaysians:
The costs and processing times depend on the application method. If applying independently through the Government website:
- Single entry visa: US $25
- Multiple entry visa: US $50
Processing time options:
- <3 working days: 5%
- 3 working days: 75%
- 4-5 working days: 15%
- 5 working days: 5%
Applying through a service provider involves varied costs and processing times based on the number of applicants and visa type.
|Visa fee (USD/Pax) (Government Fee + Service Fee)
|From 5 pax
|90-day single entry
|5-7 working days
|4 working days
|90-day multiple entry
|5-7 working days
|4 working days
How to Apply for Vietnam eVisa for Malaysians:
You can either follow the Vietnam eVisa application guide for self-application or opt for a faster process with our assistance. The application process involves three simple steps:
- Complete the secure online application form with necessary details.
- Make payment using your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
- Download the Vietnamese e-Visa, print it out, and carry it to Vietnam.
Tips for Smooth Processing of Vietnam Visa for Malaysians:
To ensure a seamless Vietnam visa application process, consider the following tips:
- Apply well in advance, preferably two weeks before departure.
- Verify all requirements to avoid delays and rejections.
- Double-check the accuracy of information on the application form, matching passport details.
- Submit all necessary documents as instructed.
- Ensure advance payment of the visa fee (for eVisa).
- Regularly check the application status and be ready to provide additional information if required.